Massage therapy can help relieve stress and pain, reduce blood pressure and boost the body’s immune system. Massage can promote health and well being by:
- Reducing Stress - Massage is one of the best known antidotes for stress. Reducing stress gives you more energy, improves your outlook on life, and in the process, reduces your likelihood of injury and illness.
- Loosening Painful or Tight Muscles – Massage acts directly on your muscles with stretching and kneading motions. It often stimulates the nervous system to relax you even more.
- Healing Injuries – Massage encourages faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments. It can reduce pain and swelling and reduce formation of scar tissue.
- Alleviating Pain or Restriction in Joints. – Besides relaxing tight muscles that restrict joint movement, massage can work directly on your joints to improve circulation, stimulate production of natural lubricants, and relieve pain from conditions such as osteoarthritis.
Get the Most from Your Massage
- Do not eat one hour before your BodyWork.
- Wear clothing conducive to stretching.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Discuss any health condition with me before the session starts.
- It is important that you provide timely feedback before, during and after the session. Share any concerns or preferences at all times.
- Try to allow for some quiet time after your massage.
- Drink extra water after your BodyWork session. It is important to be well hydrated.